Blog Terms of Service
1. Content Requirements and Restrictions. In order to maintain a positive, civil discourse, we ask all contributors to post accurate and truthful Content. We further ask that all contributors not post any Content that is illegal or advocates illegal activity, offensive, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, discriminatory, harassing, threatening, intimidating, or invasive of a third-party’s privacy, or that uses copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary material that the contributor does not have the right to publicly post or otherwise use. You also may not post Content through which you impersonate another in a manner that is intended to mislead other Blog users, or Content through which you falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with another. You may not post unsolicited advertising, promotional material, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or other forms of solicitation.
By posting Content, you represent and warrant that: (i) you own or otherwise control the rights to the Content that you post; (ii) the Content is accurate; (iii) the Content you post does not violate these Blog Terms of Service; (iv) the Content will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement, misappropriation, or other violation of copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary, privacy, publicity, or other right of any third party or from any other harm resulting from your use of the Blog. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Columbia Steel and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, licensees, and assigns for, from, and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or relating to your use of the Blog or Content you post on the Blog.
2. Username and Password. To use certain features of the Blog, you may have to log in with a username and password. You are responsible for choosing a username and password that is not readily identifiable by a third party, and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password. You are responsible for all activity occurring under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify Columbia Steel of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security.
3. Removal of Content; Access Suspension or Termination. Columbia Steel Blog administrators reserve the right to remove any Content that violates these Blog Terms of Service or any Content that offends us or other Blog users. Columbia Steel may also suspend or terminate a user’s access to and use of the Blog if the user uses the Blog for illegal purposes or otherwise violates these Blog Terms of Service.
4. Ownership and Use of Content. By submitting Content to or browsing Columbia Steel Blog pages, you acknowledge that Columbia Steel owns all right, title, and interest in such Content and is free to use in any manner and media and to disclose, without restriction or payment of any kind, any Content or information that you post. This includes, without limitation, the right to allow third parties to use and disclose the Content. You also grant Columbia Steel and its licensees the right (but not obligation) to use the name that you submit in connection with the use of such Content. You further acknowledge and agree that Columbia Steel may have something similar to the Content already under consideration or development. Users who post Content on the Blog will retain a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, edit, modify, adapt, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of the Content they post, whether alone or as part of other works.
Columbia Steel is under no obligation to post or use any Content you provide, and Columbia Steel may remove any Content at any time its sole discretion. If Columbia Steel removes Content you posted, Columbia Steel maintains ownership of the Content and reserves the right to disclose the Content as necessary, in Columbia Steel’s discretion, to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to otherwise use or disclose the Content in any manner.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Columbia Steel’s ownership of the Content does not constitute a waiver by you of valid and enforceable patent rights. You must notify Columbia Steel in writing of such patent rights (or pending patent rights) upon posting Content on the Blog, or upon issuance of such patent rights, whichever occurs earlier.
5. No Endorsement or Guarantee. Columbia Steel does not endorse or guarantee in any way the accuracy or reliability of the Content. You acknowledge and agree that any reliance on the Content will be at your own risk. The views expressed by contributors in Blog Content, except those from Columbia Steel employees acting in an official capacity, do not represent the views of Columbia Steel. The Blog may contain offensive, harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, or otherwise inappropriate Content. Columbia Steel is not obligated to monitor the Content and takes no responsibility for and will have no liability arising from or relating to such Content. Columbia Steel reserves the right, however, to refuse to post or to remove any Content on the Blog in Columbia Steel’s sole discretion at any time and without prior notice or liability to the user who posted the Content.
6. Retention and Storage. Columbia Steel retains the right to make archival and back-up copies of and to indefinitely store the Content and your identifiable submission information, including drafts of Content that you never actually post to the Blog, previous versions of Content that you edit, and Content that you remove from the Blog. You agree, however, that Columbia Steel has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or failure to store or transmit, any Content.
7. Copyright Infringement Policy. Columbia Steel will disable access to or remove any Content posted on the Blog that it believes in good faith is infringing a copyrighted work. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed by Content posted on the Blog, please refer to the Columbia Steel Copyright Infringement Policy at https://columbiasteel.com/copyright-infringement-policy/ for information regarding how to file a notice of infringement. This Copyright Infringement Policy is incorporated into and made a part of these Blog Terms of Service, and your use of the Blog constitutes your agreement to the Copyright Infringement Policy.
8. Modification of Blog Terms of Service. Columbia Steel may, from time to time, revise and modify these Blog Terms of Service. We will post any new Blog Terms of Service here, and we encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed. If changes are significant, Columbia Steel will also notify you of such changes to these Blog Terms of Service via the contact information you have provided to Columbia Steel, if any. Changes to these Blog Terms of Service will apply immediately after the date on which we post the revised Blog Terms of Service to the Blog. Each version of these Blog Terms of Service will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date, and we will keep prior versions of these Blog Terms of Service in an archive for your review. You agree that your continued access to and use of the Blog will bind you to any new Blog Terms of Service posted here.
9. Severability. The provisions of these Blog Terms of Service are independent of each other, and the invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Blog Terms of Service shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be removed from these Blog Terms of Service.
For questions about this site, please contact us.